Thursday, June 25, 2009

Zumba anyone?

So the all new fitness craze is Zumba. Zumba you ask??? Yes Zumba. It is a dance arobic/fitness class that is A-W-E AWESOME!!!! It is 1-2 mintues of fast paced dance moves. I have joined this Zumba craze. After 2 babies you kind of have to do something with the belly. It just sticks after that 2nd one pops out, lol.

Ok back to Zumba. Dances includ cha-cha, merengue, salsa & mambo moves. You move in ways that you didn't think your body would move. I was a cheerleader for 4 years & these are some moves that we never did!!!! At first I was horribly skeptic. I thought about what people would think once they realized that I have no rhythm, but seriously out of 30 people in the class I think the teacher & a couple of others have rhythm. The rest just make up their own moves to the music & try to keep up. It is so fun. My mom & I go together & laugh the entire time.

Last night was only my 2nd class & I pooped out after 45 minutes but that is a hard, dripping with sweat, 45 minutes. My mom held in for the whole time but we dance different. I do it all out & she does the awkward, I don't want people to make fun of me, moves. Towards the end it makes a HUGE & I mean HUGE difference as to how your body feels.


Here are a couple of pictures & check out Zumba in your area. Your first class (here) is free to see if you like it!!!!




No comments: