Friday, September 25, 2009

Toy Swap

I am hosting a toy swap for my friends & family in my area. I think us as long as everyone else is struggling financially. My kids are still young enough that I can get away with giving them genly used stuff as presents without them realizing it. My hubby HATES it, but he doesn't pay the bills, lol.

Here are my directions that I sent out:

Description:

I would like to host a toy swap. A toy swap is where everyone brings toys that their kids have outgrown or no longer play with & would like to exchange it for something “new”. I would like for each person to bring 3 gently used items.

For example: I am going to bring a train set that Bug got for his 1st Christmas. Both kids have absolutely LOVED this train but they no longer play with it. It is red & comes with a giraffe & the 2nd car is yellow & it has a monkey in it. I have all the pieces & it is in EXCELLENT used condition. It just needs new batteries. That is going to be 1 of my items.

Items can include a freezer bag full of GI Joe’s of a bag of Mega Blocks, a freezer bag with a Barbie & some clothes in it. Stuff like that. I would also like everyone to bring 1 adult gift. Such as a couple of books, old taste of home magazine’s, or Betty Crocker cookbooks.

All of our kids are not the same age but I would like everyone to benefit from this. We will set everything out so that everyone can see what everyone else brought. Then we will draw #’s to see who gets to go first.

Say there is 10 people that come & everyone brings 4 items. I will have 4 different bowls of #’s. 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 & 31-40 so that everyone has an equal shot of getting at least 1 thing that they really super want. (Bug’s word, lol).

I would also like anyone that wants to clean out their toyroom to bring whatever they would like to get rid of. After everyone has looked through everyone else’s stuff I will take the remaining to Goodwill. I was thinking our Salvation Army or if anyone has any other suggestions let me know.

***Make sure that everything is cleaned up. Also don’t worry about batteries, but please make sure that the toy works.***

Munchies will be served & we can all mingle. I am hoping there will be a HUGE variety of people. Please invite anyone that wants to participate. This could make Christmas A LOT easier on a lot of us!!!!!

Email with ANY & I MEAN ANY questions. Also please email me with an RSVP. I would like somewhat of an idea as to how many will be coming. Let everyone know & get your toy rooms cleaned out!!!!!

No comments: